Friday, July 20, 2018

Atlantis Calling

It seems that all mystics worth their salt have come up with some kind of pseudohistory about Atlantis. Of course, nothing has ever been found to verify any of it. But I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring and present the closest possible reconstruction of Atlantean language.

For the words themselves, I used Greek, or conjecture about Indo-European roots for ancient Greek. Then I transliterated the phrase into Linear B script, the oldest alphabet from the Achaean and Minoan civilizations which has been thus far been deciphered.

So imagine that you're on Atlantis for the winter solstice festival, and as you make your way into the sacred grounds of the sun temple, you see the following inscription.

The sun is the light of divine perfection within you

No comments:

Post a Comment