Friday, August 31, 2018

The Rosicrucian Quest Part 3

The Egyptian monks with whom C.R.C. had become acquainted proceeded to show him another text, the "Apocalypse of Thomas" the Apostle to India, an early Christian revelation with unmistakable Hermetic characteristics. About the first chapter presented below, C.R.C. wrote : Spero philoſophiam naturalem comperire demum obſervationes huius viſionis de mundo. (I hope that natural philosophy may one day verify the observations of this vision concerning the Cosmos.)



1.1 It was in India that I witnessed, among the followers of Sanatana Dharma, the celebration of the Sacred Marriage which lasts nine days, and the miraculous austerities of their saints, who told me of the guardians of the spheres, of their travels in the sky, and of the ancient wars they had waged.
1.2 For they were masters of the sky, and the Earth trembled before them : they melted the mountains of ice, and dried up the great river of legend, which was called the Sarasvati.



1.3 I was received among those saints, and I purified the air by burning spices in the sacred fire, as is their custom.
1.4 And it came to pass that a wind arose, and a voice in the wind, and the voice asked : Can it be said to the endless, here is where you end and I begin ?
1.5 That was the voice of the Messenger, and the number of the Messenger is seven years and seven days.
1.6 I felt my back arch painfully, and my spirit rose up, and I looked down upon my body.
1.7 And the wind carried my spirit even higher, so that I saw the curvature of the Earth, and the brightness of the Earth, which was surrounded by darkness.



1.8 And I saw that the sun was as bright as four suns, for I had been carried above the clouds.
1.9 The whole Earth turned, showing me places whereof no writings exist : the lost places, the empty places, and the lost tribes of men.
1.10 And the Messenger said : Behold the pyramids of the desert, and of the forest, and behold the temples of Asia from the time of the flood.
1.11 Thus I beheld the Pillars of Enoch, long concealed from human eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment