Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Utopian Spirit

In reading this post on the Pansophers.com Rosicrucian Tradition blog, which references the utopian vision of the movement, I was reminded of this line from Utopia itself :

           Libenter impartio mea, non gravatim accipio meliora
           Freely do I impart my best, and not unwillingly do I receive better.

For me, this quote encapsulates the harmonious mind, an openness to sharing that which is good and improving oneself through the generosity of others' contributions.

The world is full of things to nitpick, and I am a notorious nitpicker. My natural state is too close to that polarity, in hermetic terms, so I have to make an effort to balance that out.

I think the current state of our culture is actively opposed to harmonious sharing, but in truth the times have been few and far between when it wasn't. Movements that try to change that en masse have had little long-term success, degenerating into schisms and battles of ego.

The small act of opening oneself to another's current of consciousness may be the best way, or the only way, to really change the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment