Friday, June 29, 2018

CR+C Membership

Good news. I will soon start receiving monographs from CR+C, so I will be able to remedy some of my ignorance about the Lewis tradition within Rosicrucianism.

A word about why I chose CR+C instead of AMORC. It has nothing to do with AMORC as an organization or its members. I have enjoyed learning about both groups. But to my understanding, CR+C offers monographs that are less altered from the versions as originally proffered by H. Spencer Lewis. It's not that I think AMORC's current monographs have less objective value, but if there's any reinterpretation of the material to be done, I would rather work that out myself from my perspective as a mythicist and as someone pursuing my own personal tradition.

Secondly, having listened to Ralph Lewis giving various talks, I have a good opinion of his earnestness, and I know Gary Stewart was Lewis' choice to be the next custodian of the material.

I look forward to this next phase in my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment